Honeymoons, anniversaries, and romantic escapes are better spent in a place where spacious, inviting accommodations are never far from a day at play. Here, a few tips to keep in mind for your romantic getaway:
- If traveling by plane, make sure your vacation starts the second it lands. Arrange for a limo or private car from the airport to your resort.
- Think ahead. Before you leave, arrange your spa appointments and restaurant reservations so you don’t have to spend time scrambling for alternate options while on your vacation.
- For any restaurants where you have made advanced reservations, be sure to check the dress code and pack accordingly. Some fine dining restaurants may require more formal attire.
- While spontaneity can sometimes be romantic, don’t wing the entire trip. Do some research before you go to learn about the area’s local wineries or theaters to get a better sense of how you’d like to spend your days and nights.
- Do something together you’ve never done before: horseback riding, kayaking to a waterfall, watch the sunrise.
- Seek out a cooking class and learn how to make a delicious meal together with local ingredients.
- Take advantage of your unit and plan for a romantic night in – cook dinner together, watch a movie, and, if your unit has a fireplace, make a cozy fire.
- As always, confirm your travel, spa, and dinner reservations before you leave. If you think you’ll arrive after the scheduled check-in time, notify your resort and find out if any special instructions are needed.